The next pack hike will be ay Vicky Creak at Roswell mill. This is a lovely trail going alongside a river valley including waterfall and winding trails. Please see some pictures at: https://www.atlantatrails.com/hiking-trails/roswell-mill-vickery-creek-trail/
We will meet at the trail entrance at 400 Riverside Road, Roswell, GA 30075 at map marker “VC1” given in the trail map. Link to trail map: https://www.nps.gov/chat/planyourvisit/upload/TrailMapVickery.pdf
I hope to see many of you joining us on this great hike that is about 40 minutes from Lilburn. We will meet at 10am.
My cell number is 404-783-2009.
Scouts must be accompanied by at least one parent. Please RSVP to Andreas Sjodin at firstname.lastname@example.org so he knows if you will be joining him. Please be sure to bring the following:
- First-aid kit: adhesive bandages, moleskin, gauze, antibiotic ointment, etc.
- Water bottle: filled and large enough to last until it can be filled again
- Flashlight: for emergency use only
- Trail food: can be made as a den activity prior to hike or campout
- Sun protection: sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater and a hat
- Whistle: also for emergency use only