Pack 564’s Blue & Gold Cake Bake-off is our annual opportunity for scouts and a parent partner to have some fun in the kitchen making something together.
While we do award prizes, the cake bake is primarily an opportunity to encourage parent-child bonding, so keep that in mind as you come up with your ideas and prepare your entry.
Check out a few examples from past years:
- Dads are encouraged to serve as the scout’s partner, but any parent or adult partner may help.
- Scouts and their adult partners compete in one of two divisions. One division is only for Lion and Tiger scouts. All other scouts compete in the Cub division. There is also an “Exhibition” class (not judged) for all adults and siblings that want to show off their skills.
- Lion and Tiger scouts (as well as adults and siblings) can enter cakes decorated to illustrate any theme. Wolf, Bear, Webelos and AOL scouts should enter a cake reflecting one of the following themes: Scouting, Holiday, Sports or Transportation.
- Cakes must be made from predominantly edible materials. They will be sampled as part of judging.
- Because cakes will be sampled, entrants should take care to label ingredients. Tasters should assume all cakes contain potential allergens unless they are clearly labeled allergen free.
- A panel of judges will award first, second and third place in each category for Cubs and for the Lion and Tiger division.
How to enter
Bring your finished cake to the pack meeting. You must register your cake between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted.
Here are a few places to get inspiration for your own cake: