Lad-and-Dad Cake Bake
Pack 564’s Lad-and-Dad Cake Bake-off is our annual opportunity for scouts and a parent partner to have some fun in the kitchen making something together.
While we do award prizes, the cake bake is primarily an opportunity to encourage parent-son bonding, so keep that in mind as you come up with your ideas and prepare your entry.
Check out a few examples from past years:
- Dads are encouraged to serve as the scout’s partner, but if the father is unavailable, any parent or adult partner may help.
- Scouts and their adult partners compete in one of two divisions. One division is only for Tiger scouts. All other scouts compete in the other division.
- Tiger scouts can enter cakes decorated to illustrate any theme. Wolf, Bear and Webelos scouts should enter a cake reflecting one of the following themes: Scouting, Holiday, Sports or Transportation.
- Cakes must be made from predominantly edible materials. They will be sampled as part of judging.
- Because cakes may be sampled, entrants should take care to label ingredients. Tasters should assume all cakes contain potential allergens unless they are clearly labeled allergen free.
- A panel of three judges will award first, second and third place in each category. A Cubmaster’s Choice prize will also be awarded.
How to enter
Bring your finished cake to the pack meeting. You must register your cake between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Late entries will not be accepted.
Here are a few places to get inspiration for your own cake: