The distance to the Wetland is 1.5 mile (3 miles total) and we will likely walk another 0.5 mile in the wetland studying bird life and any other animals we may see. There is also a large number of Eagle Scout projects in this area. The trail is easy to walk with minimal elevation change and paved for about 0.5+ mile. We will stop for a break and snack once we have arrived at the wetland.
Once we have returned to the Environmental and Heritage Center, I recommend a visit of their exhibits which are free of change to he public.Scouts must be accompanied by at least one parent. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org he knows if you will be joining him. Please be sure to bring the following:
- First-aid kit: adhesive bandages, moleskin, gauze, antibiotic ointment, etc.
- Water bottle: filled and large enough to last until it can be filled again
- Flashlight: for emergency use only
- Trail food: can be made as a den activity prior to hike or campout
- Sun protection: sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater and a hat
- Whistle: also for emergency use only