This year we’ll be attending the Spooky-ree at Bert Adams Scout Camp starting Friday, October 18 through Sunday, October 20. Spooky-ree is a fall-themed weekend filled with a fall festival, creepy-crawly nature show, pumpkin carving and decorating, archery, BBs, s’mores, and a campfire. The highlight of the weekend is the Trick-or-Treating Trail for all Scouts and an extra spooky haunted trail for the older Scouts and adults.
Sorry. Registration for Fall Family Camping is closed.
- Fall Festival– Featuring inflatables, games and face painting!
- BB Shooting– Take aim at our shooting range.
- Bows & Arrows– Can you hit the bull’s eye?
- Slingshots– Grab a “wrist rocket” and see if you can hit the target!
- Pumpkins– Every Scout and sibling gets a pumpkin! 2nd graders and younger decorate their pumpkins and 3rd graders and older can carve with adult supervision.
- Letters to the Troops– Write a letter to a US serviceman or servicewoman who is deployed so that they can receive it on Thanksgiving.
- Creepy Crawly Nature Show– Learn about the things that go bump in the night (aka. spiders, snakes).
- Guided Nature Hike– Camp staff will guide you on a trail to see wildlife, plant life, and explore our ecosystem.
- Field Sports– Learn the rules and play a sport!
- Scavenger Hunt– Explore our camp and see how many items you can find.
- Council Fire– Make s’mores and learn about Cub Scout summer camps!
- Campfire– Experience a real Scout campfire program in the huge amphitheatre.
- Trick-or-Treat Trail– Put on your costume and Trick-or-Treat on our slightly spooky trail.
- Haunted Trail- A slightly spook trail for Scouts and sibling 3rd grade and younger.
- Super Haunted Trail- The most haunted trail that is complete with a ghost pirate ship, cemetery, and zombies! Recommended for Scouts and siblings 3rd grade and older.
- Cub Mobiles Racing and Maintenance- Sponsored by NAPA Auto Care. Feel the thrill and excitement of racing our Cub Mobiles! Also, learn about basic automotive basics.
Schedule and Map
You can choose to purchase dining hall meals or cook your own meals at your campsite. You will need to bring all cooking equipment and food if you choose to prepare your own meals. Dining hall meals must be purchased in advance using the form on this page.
Dining Hall Menu
- Friday Dinner – Choice of hamburger or hot dog with chips, cookie, and water
- Saturday Breakfast – French Toast, sausage links, biscuit, cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, orange juice, hot chocolate, and milk
- Saturday Lunch – Chicken tenders, French fries, carrots, fruit, pickle spears, deluxe salad bar, cookie, coffee, tea, and water
- Saturday Dinner – Country Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, deluxe salad bar, ice cream, coffee, iced tea, water
- Sunday Breakfast – Scrambled eggs, biscuit, sausage links, fresh fruit, grits, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, tea, orange juice, hot chocolate, and milk
Below is a link where you can learn more about the event. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR CAMPING ON THE ATLANTA BSA SITE. We will register for this event as a pack.