Pack 564 will visit the U.S. Space & Rocket Center for its 2019 Spring Trip!
This year we are providing two options for our families, a day trip option and an overnight option. Participants for the day trip will NOT share the same activities and schedule as the overnight option.
Overnight Trip Details
- Cost: $129 per person
- Must be in 1st grade, or older, to do the overnight tour
- Arrival window: 12:30 – 1:30 p.m on Saturday, March 16th
- Departure: Approximately 2 p.m on Sunday, March 17th
- What’s included in the overnight tour?
- Trainees in the Surveyor program will train like an astronaut, build and launch Action-Reaction rockets and have a science briefing correlated to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) national education standards.
- Packing List
- Padlock for your locker
- Toiletries: soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush
- Sleeping bag or twin size sheets, blanket and pillowcase (pillow provided)
- Towels and washcloths
- Appropriate clothing for changing weather conditions
- Close-toe shoes (required for some simulators)
- Calling card/Cell phone*
- Cell phone usage by trainees is not permitted during program activities
- Shower shoes
- Change or $1 bills for vending machines
- Cameras and Video Cameras are encouraged
- Snacks containing nuts, may contain nuts, or processed in a facility with nuts are not allowed and will be immediately discarded without reimbursement.
Day Trip Details
- Cost: $32 per person
- All ages welcome
- Includes One hour guided tour of the Space Center, a themed science lab, IMAX movie, and box lunch.
- Tour on your own the many exhibits after the guided tour, including a model of the Space Station, a Saturn V rocket, the space shuttle, and one of the largest collections of rockets and space memorabilia on display in the world.
- Plan to spend 4-5 hours at the museum in total. Tentative arrival 11:30am.